My Christmas vacations

Today, I don't have a lot of inspiration so I'll explain how was my Christmas vacations and what I did. First of all, I must warn you. It may be boring so you're not obliged to stay on this page and read my post 😂

Soooo, when I finished school on December 21st, I went home and I watched movies all night (with a lot of food of course😋 I won't give details because it's really uninteresting.


The next day, on the 22nd, I was working with my favorite ''job girls'', Lydia, Virginie and Monica. It was a big day because I'm working in a grocery store, so the last Saturday before Christmas is intense. There are a way too much people. It's like a Christmas fury. People are almost running in the store to get what they want. The 22nd, the 23rd and the 24th are the worst days before Christmas. But in some way, that's nice because there is a lot of work to do so you don't get bored. Just to give you an idea, habitually we are two or three in the department, but this last three days we are four or five ! During my shift, I was helping to fill the counters with our products, sometimes I was helping the costumers or serving them. I was working from 1:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m. The afternoon went really fast.


On the 23rd, I drove with my mother to Batiscan because my sister was going at the house of my grandparents. They are living in a small village not really known by people, close to Batiscan. I was supposed to go too but I was working on the Christmas Eve... Anyway, after this I stayed at home and relax. One of my friend came and we watched movies in the afternoon.

On Christmas Eve, my family and I have the tradition to go to the house of my grandparents. As I said earlier, I was working that day... 1:00 p. to 5:00 p.m. But around 10:15 a.m, I received a call. It was my boss. She was asking if I could come earlier because there was too much people and too much work to do. So, I packed my suitcase (because we are sleeping at the house of my grandparents and after I’m going at my father’s house…) really fast and went working around 11:00. During thirty minutes it was crazy, I was serving people nonstop. But after that, we passed the rest of the day doing nothing. My boss was supposed to work until 4:00 p.m but she left the department at 11:00 a.m because there was nothing to do… It was so boring, oh god. After work, as I said, I went to my grandparents’ house. As usual, on Christmas Eve, we ate a traditional Christmas dinner (turkey, stew, bread, chicken pot pie…). I don’t like that much but the desserts that my grandparents make are incredibly delicious!😍 After supper, it’s a tradition to go to the church but this year, my mother decided to visit a friend of my grandfather with my stepfather, my stepbrother and my cousin. Me I decided to go to the mass anyway, with my little cousin and my grandfather because for me, traditions are really important. When we came back from church, my cousin of 17 years old, disguised himself as Santa Claus to give the gifts. It was really funny. It was a nice Christmas, even if my uncle is no longer there… I received a gold chain, money, gift certificates, a case for my cellphone, 3 books, some clothes…

The other days were relatively calm, I wasn’t working till December 30th. On New Year’s Eve, my family and I were going in a cottage with friends. I was so happy to see my childhood friends ! We had a good time. We listened to the Byebye 2018 and we played cards before going to sleep around 3 a.m. The next day, we went skating and we all played hockey. Before supper, when the sun began to set, I went for a swim in a ‘’spa’’. The view was amazing. It was seriously the best day of my Christmas vacations. 

The other days of my Christmas vacations were reserved to relaxation and to see my friends. The last day before returning to school I went skiing with my friends. It was an other great day. 

Well... I think that sums up my holidays !
Thanks to those who read. 😄

- A small person in a big world ©︎


Commentaires

Messages les plus consultés de ce blogue

Life after death... An interesting theory

Live to exist

I forgive you